Gravel Worlds 2019
The 2019 Gravel Worlds promises an unparalleled challenge for the gravel enthusiast. The pirates are charting a route of approximately 150 miles and near 10,000 ft of climbing – adventuring through the rural farmlands of Southeastern Nebraska. World Championship jerseys are up for grabs in the following categories: Open Men under 40, Open Men 40 to 49, Open Men 50 to 59, Open Men 60+, Open Women under 40, Open Women 40 to 49, Open Women 50 to 59, Open Women 60+, Single Speed Men, Fatbike Men, Fatbike Women, Tandem
START TIME: 6:00am
Privateer Gravel Grinder
BACK FOR 2019! Not wanting to walk the full plank? Plunderous none-the-less, our shortened course will test the mettle and give no quarter. We are plotting a (roughly) 75 mile voyage with checkpoints and high-seas refueling opportunities. This is not a championship event, the only prizes available are high fives, bragging rights, and a pat on the back. Two categories only: Open Men and Open Women.
START TIME: 7:00am
Chamois Butt'r Buccaneer
New event for 2019! The Chamois Butt’r Buccaneer is a 50 km event for those that want to get their feet wet. This is a non-competitive event. The route will stay close to the Fallbrook Neighborhood with some rollers and one stop along the route.
START TIME: 8:00am
Vintage Bicycle Men
Vintage Bicycle Women
- Riders will navigate via cue sheets and/or GPS. The course will not be marked. You are responsible for navigation.
- Once riders leave the start finish, YOU ARE ON YOU OWN and you cannot receive outside assistance except the following:
- Gravel Worlds Checkpoints/Oasis locations stocked with water, snacks, etc.
- Small town stores with items you can purchase yourself
- Pre-approved “Gravel Angels” (must be pre-approved by event promoters and offer assistance to all riders).
- Fellow participants, but this must not be prearranged prior to the start of the event. NO DOMESTIQUES!
- Checkpoints are MANDATORY stops for all riders. Checkpoints will be staffed by volunteers who will give you a token that you must carry to the finish.
- Oasis locations are OPTIONAL stops that you can refill bottles and get snacks.
- If you have specific nutritional needs, carry your supplies for the day.
- Check out our RULES tab for additional vital information.